Their role is to liaise with and meet the needs of our customers. Tasks include making sure that all deliveries are made in a timely manner. Our customer base is varied and the team have to of manage both our retailer (over 200 retailers) and individual consumers. The team also need to liaise with our other operations departments and own stores. This means that the team needs to be flexible and adaptable.
The Home Delivery Driver's role is to make sure that all home deliveries go out in a timely manner, to make sure that we meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. A good transport / deliveries service contributes considerably to our sales growth.
* Deliver and install bed bases and mattresses alongside lead driver
* Ensure that all the Company's policies and administrative systems are properly adhered to so that the business runs smoothly.
* Work effectively as part of the Transport team.
* To be able to communicate effectively at all levels responding positively and within acceptable time scales to internal and external customer requests.
* Be able to overcome obstacles and adapt to the variance's whilst being out on the road assisting lead driver with ideas should anything arise.
* Maintain all service levels and achieve targets.
* Ensure that all procedures within the department are adhered to and any changes to be notified to line manager.
* Ad hoc duties as and when required
4. Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience/Profile
* The job holder should be experienced delivery driver and entering customers' homes with correct manner
5. Reporting Structure
· This role will report to the Transport Supervisor.
· The role will be based at our UK head office in Hayes, Middlesex