Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Eden Project CommunitiesFull Time Permanent Remote
Charity People are excited to be working in partnership with Eden Project Communities, an inspirational charity working to tackle humanities greatest challenges. They are looking for a new Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to join their growing team.
Eden Project Communities' mission is to bring people together and encourage them to actively engage with one another and the places where they live. They have a vision of a world full of happier and healthier communities where people know one another and neighbourhoods thrive. They have UK wide reach and delivers initiatives that encourage public engagement and participation in positive action and create real social capital on a mass scale.
You will be responsible for the production of quantitative and qualitative data that is used to make decisions regarding the programme and able to evaluate the performance of various events, initiatives and funded projects. Providing management of external agencies to develop supportive data for bids, sponsorship support, evaluation and pilot projects. Reporting to the Programme Director and leadership team devise the scope of the research programme. The successful candidate will represent Eden Project Communities from a data, trends and research perspective on forums and with funders. We are seeking a self-starter, with excellent people and analytical skills to join the Eden Project CommunitiesKey responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Support senior management to develop and devise the research and evaluation strategy across all elements of Eden Project Communities as well as provide accurate and reliable insights to support programme outcomes and funder objectives.
- Provide regular reports on progress and performance against outcomes, identifying trends and opportunities to develop the research programme in new directions.
- Design, manage and negotiate research undertaken by third parties (including by agencies and contract workers) to include our main Big Lunch surveys and independent projects.
- Develop and deliver methodology and questionnaire design for research and evaluation studies.
- Support an active team in delivery of events, workshops and campaign activities and work with PR in identifying and designing research opportunities, projects and case studies that help establish Eden Project Communities and our projects as leading in community development.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of all historic and current research data. Day to day management of research assets including digi-pads and other software.
- Manage commercially sensitive data and personal data including case studies on a daily basis
- Support the Programme Director with recommending and designing the research programme for the year and its priorities.
As the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager you will be confident will analysing and interpreting complex data sets, produce and deliver clear and accurate reports and presentations to a wide variety of audiences including sponsors and funders. Ideally, you will have experience in a similar research position covering both qualitative as well as quantitative research approaches, preferably this will be from the charity sector. Experience in project managing and delivering a busy and varied research programme is essential. You have the ability to balance and be able to deliver detailed, focused, timely analysis and reporting with time dedicated to presenting the information in appropriate ways to internal and external audiences/stakeholders. Excellent writing and presentation skills including workshop facilitation and a very high attention to detail is essential.Closing date: 10th December with interviews taking place on w/c 13th DecemberThis role is home based with occasional travel and flexible working required including evening and weekend work. If you would like to apply for this role, please send you word CV in word format to Kate Headford ASAP!
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.