Locum Information Governance Legal Assistant - Midlands - Full Time - 3 months initially- Hybrid Working
Venn Group's specialist legal team are currently working with a reputable Local Authority in the Midlands, who are recruiting for a highly motivated and organised Locum Information and Governance Legal Assistant to join their department.
Ideally, the client would prefer this assignment to be worked on a full time basis; however candidates possessing the desired experience with part-time availability will also be considered.
This role is offered for an initial period of 3 Months with the possibility of extension and will be worked on a hybrid basis with some office presence required, in line with business needs.
This opportunity is suitable for an Information Governance Legal Assistant with at least 12 months professional experience gained within Local Government. The ideal candidate would also have some litigation experience, which would be advantageous for this role.
Duties may include:
- Work within the Freedom of Information team processing a backlog of FOI requests
- Process and report on DSAR, EIA, GDPR and FOI requests within the legal compliance timeframes
- Liaise with the relevant business area to obtain all information required for the requests
- Development and maintenance of central logs relating to requests for personal data, data breaches, Data Protection Act 2018 and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Process Data Subject Rights requests under GDPR such as right to erasure, rectification in liaison with the relevant business area and within the legal compliance timeframes.
For further information, please contact Emma Walker or Felicity Woodbridge on, alternatively email
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Locum Information and Governance Legal Assistant - Midlands - Full Time - 3 months initially- Hybrid Working