Education and Qualifications
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering with 2.1 (preference being Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering in Energy sector)
• Engineering and Project Management Certification - COREN and Project Management.
• A qualification in Construction Management would be advantageous
• Proven working experience as a construction head with at least 10 years' experience of managing / leading (multi-disciplined) construction projects, preferably gas power plant projects
• Experience in reciprocating engines
• Extensive mechanical and electrical engineering experience
• Strong construction background with ability to deliver results including via outsourced contracts.
• Multi-contract construction management experience
• Good interface manager, team player based on mutual trust and respect.
• Effective negotiator with strong conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
• Strong contract management experience.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple teams across various activities.
• Proficiency in MS Office Tools/Suite for data analysis and management presentation
• Work experience in Nigeria (highly desirable) and internationally (preferable).
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Can speak a second language fluently.
• Have experience in the offshore oil and gas industry, working with multinational companies/clients
• Have worked in multinational organisations
• The candidate's experience and academic record are paramount, but it would be preferable if the candidate has international experience
• MSc in Engineering highly desirable