Elevation Accountancy & Finance are really excited to be supporting a reputable construction company based in the Leeds area, as they look to bring in a knowledgeable Purchase Ledger professional to strengthen their finance function.
The successful candidate will be required to process a high volume of invoices, deal with payments, reconciliations and maintain excellent working relationships with customers and suppliers. You will also be responsible for supporting with additional finance tasks including sales ledger and finance administration.
Duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk will include:
* Sorting incoming supplier invoices for processing
* Matching materials invoices to PO's and obtaining authorisation for non-PO invoices
* Coding invoices (job number, nominal code, CIS, Retention, department, etc)
* Calculating and processing internal Credits for CIS Tax Deductions and Retentions
* Posting invoices & credits to Sage50
* Updating Job Costing Excel-based spreadsheets
* Processing supplier payments
* Reconciling supplier statements and resolving queries
* Setting up new Supplier Accounts in Sage50
* At least 2 years' experience within a similar position
* Organised, methodical, with attention to detail & extreme diligence
* High levels of numeracy
* Basic Excel spreadsheet skills
* Basic Financial Ledgers skills, ideally Sage50 experience
* Experience of multi-company ledgers
* Experience of construction industry would be advantageous
If you have the relevant skills and would like to be considered for the position, please feel free to apply today!