Finance Analyst - Media/Entertainment - Central London
Looking for a part qualified candidate looking to delve into a new Finance Analyst role within the Publishing industry. You will be providing business insight and value through management accounting and control, management reporting, financial planning (including budgeting and forecasting) and analysis for effective business decision support.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to progress professionally whilst continuing their qualifications. The client is offering flexible working conditions Key responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts across Marketing, Creative & Operations areas
- Understand the nature of transactions and identify appropriate accounting treatment (referring to contracts if necessary)
- Posting of month end journals and understanding the impact on both P&L and balance sheet
- Maintain month end reporting models ensuring data accuracy
- Maintain robust balance sheet reconciliations - investigating and resolving anomalies
- Prepare monthly P&L summaries with insightful commentary.
- Investigate variances to forecast and understand key drivers of performance
- Continuously drive improvements for an efficient month end process
- Proactively business partner stakeholders, providing support in all aspects of financial management (e. developing excel budget trackers, advising on PO coding)
- Liaise with auditors and support external reporting as necessary
- Prepare regular forecast updates and annual budgets, with insightful commentary
- Work closely with the business to understand key drivers for monthly performance and future budget/forecast cost tracking.
- Be proactive in evaluation and communication of risks and opportunities to forecasts.
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- A minimum of two year's experience in a similar role, preferable in a multi-currency / multi-territory environment
- Experience using financial systems packages (E. SAP, BPC) and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong understanding of double entry book keeping
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to solve problems with a logical approach.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to take initiative and go that extra mile
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills
- Self-starter and proactive
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.