Becoming a Contract Manager with Smart DCC:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Contract Manager to secure an initial 6 month contract based from London with partial remote working available for this role. The Contract Manager is responsible for managing a number of supplier contracts What you'll be doing:
· Manage the full contract lifecycle for up to 3 suppliers
· Manage Commercial contribution to all Change Requests and Project Requests
· Manage Contract negotiations, renewals, disputes and issues
· Monitor, review and implement contract penalties & levers
· Develop and manage deep knowledge of commercial contracts and ensure it is up to date, documented and managed in line with DCC Knowledge Management standards
· Maintain comprehensive audit trails and justifications for price control
· Ensuring quality and value for money is maximised from supplier contracts through the delivery of opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance.What we're looking for:
About Smart DCC
- Good knowledge and experience of working in a complex Commercial environment
- Experienced Contract Manager, managing large, complex, enduring contracts
- Strong, senior level internal & external stakeholder management with good, proven influencing skills
- Strong commercial knowledge with a real eye for detail and proven, creative problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in a multi project, multi-workstream matrix environment
- Experience working in the utilities, telecoms or outsourcing industry or a similar regulated environment
- Professional qualification e.g. CIPS, ACCA, Legal would be desirable
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it's a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We're directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.What's in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working available for this role
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.