Role: Supplier Quality EngineerLocation: Rugby - on-site and travelling to suppliersDuration: 6 monthsRate: £25 - £30/hour - Umbrella - Please note this role is inside IR35
My client is seeking an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their busy team based in Rugby. The ideal candidate will have a supplier quality inspection background.
You will be required to sue your own vehicle to travel to suppler sites to carry out quality inspections. Your mileage will be covered.Quality Specific Goals
- Aware of and comply with the GESP Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Aware of and comply with UK Ministry of Defence Quality Assurance requirements, ensuring compliant flow down and adherence throughout supply chain.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines. 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of GESP Purchasing Controls and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements.
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations and audits.
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation.
- Approve supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
- Expand supply chain through supplier selection, assessment and qualification.
- Assure supplier compliance to GESP QMS, Naval SQAR and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimise the Costs of Quality.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance.
- Develop and execute on Supplier Audit Plan.