We are looking for an Early Years Assistant Manager to join our friendly setting. We are looking for someone with experience of being a Deputy / Assistant Manager, however we would consider someone with substantial experience as a Room Leader and is looking to take the next step in their career.
This is the role for you if you are passionate about children's education, able to be a motivating role model to our early years educators and support the manager with running our Oak Tree Nursery
, based in Ilfracombe, Devon
Our Outstanding Oak Tree Nursery sits in the Ilfracombe Community and welcomes local families from around the local area and is on the main bus route. The nursery offers 38 places for children from 3 months to 5 years.
We were graded by Ofsted as Outstanding and our ethos is very much about our sense of community, we believe children should be taught to believe in themselves and to have a go, our Early Years Educators are often heard saying 'you can.
Our team would welcome you to become part of the Oak Tree Nursery Community with full induction, regular supervision, and training. We are looking for an Assistant Manager who is passionate about Early Years and ready to make a differenceWhat we offer:
At the Early Years Alliance staff wellbeing is a key priority and we believe in offering a range of initiatives that support all of our staff:
- Access to a Learning Management System (LMS), 3 training days a year, plus personalised training plans for employees
- Family Friendly Policies, workplace pension scheme
- Nursery Management Information system to reduce paperwork (Family), and central admin support
- Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint and online support
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Access to qualified mental health first aiders and a wide range of wellbeing support.
- Attendance to a National Conference, team social events and uniform
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- 10% discount on childcare places
- As the Early Years Assistant Manager, you will work as part of the Nursery management team to provide professional leadership of the setting and to ensure all children receive the highest standard of care and education.
- To support the Manager in delivering high quality care following policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model and address immediate staff issues, whilst ensuring quality and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in working in early education and childcare or similar environment.
- Ability to communicate in writing by being able to produce clear, concise and accurate reports and correspondence, e.g. for disciplinaries, business plans, child protection/safeguarding reporting and for recruitment purposes etc. using Microsoft and other computer packages.
- Ability to inspire people to deliver results, high standards and set clear objectives for self and the team.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert. Hours per week: 40Weeks per year: 52Virtual interview date: TBCPlease note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation. The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.