We are looking for an Early Years Assistant Manager
to join our friendly setting. We are looking for someone with experience of being a Deputy / Assistant Manager, however we would consider someone with substantial experience as a Room Leader and is looking to take the next step in their career.
This is the role for you if you are passionate about children's education, able to be a motivating role model to our early years educators and support the manager with running our Acorn Grove Nursery
based in Manchester in Cheetham Hill.
Acorn grove nursery is situated on shirley road in Cheetham Hill, we are attached to woodville sure start centre. We have a range of good transport links close by the two main ones being a bus stop at the top of the road and Abraham moss tram stop a couple minutes walk away. We also have a secure car park on site for any staff with a vehicle which is free to use whilst at work. We have a good range of shops close by and the retail park Manchester fort. What we offer:
At the Early Years Alliance staff wellbeing is a key priority and we believe in offering a range of initiatives that support all of our staff:
- Access to a Learning Management System (LMS), 3 training days a year, plus personalised training plans for employees
- Family Friendly Policies, workplace pension scheme
- Nursery Management Information system to reduce paperwork (Family), and central admin support
- Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint and online support
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Access to qualified mental health first aiders and a wide range of wellbeing support.
- Attendance to a National Conference, team social events and uniform
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- 10% discount on childcare places
- As the Early Years Assistant Manager, you will work as part of the Nursery management team to provide professional leadership of the setting and to ensure all children receive the highest standard of care and education.
- To support the Manager in delivering high quality care following policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model and address immediate staff issues, whilst ensuring quality and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in working in early education and childcare or similar environment.
- Ability to communicate in writing by being able to produce clear, concise and accurate reports and correspondence, e.g. for disciplinaries, business plans, child protection/safeguarding reporting and for recruitment purposes etc. using Microsoft and other computer packages.
- Ability to inspire people to deliver results, high standards and set clear objectives for self and the team.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert. Hours per week: 35Weeks per year: 39Virtual interview date: Friday 3rd December 2021Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation. The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.