A very well know academic institution is currently seeking an Internal Communications Manager on a 7 month temporary contract, paying between £17.21 to £17.50 per hour depending on experience.
The role is fully remote, but they may ask you to be on site, all expenses paid, every couple of months to help you feel more embedded in the team.
Starting at the beginning of January and running to July, meaning candidates on notice will be considered.
The role will be very varied and will be a combination of business as usual as well as working on c-suit lead projects. Responsibilities will include the following:
- To take responsibility for delivering and developing key internal communication channels, including launching new channels where audience need arises, to keep our staff community well informed and build pride in our remarkable Institution. Channels currently include internal news posts, a monthly online magazine, digital screens, manager briefing sheets and open meetings.
- To create rich, relevant and timely content that engages our staff, including multimedia content, written briefings and social media posts.
- To use professional knowledge, understanding of our internal and external environment and our brand to provide advice on internal communications best practice to colleagues across the Institution, including senior leaders. This will include for assigned corporate projects and campaigns.
- To commission collateral e.g. posters, digital screen visuals, videos and to facilitate internal events and networks e.g. workshops, round-table meetings, in support of our internal communication strategy and key corporate projects.
- In line with the companies data-driven ethos, to implement measurement and evaluation of all our channels to inform their ongoing development; to provide a regular summary of metrics and to influence how we report on our activities.
The ideal candidate will come from an education or Academic Institution so will have experience working in a more regulated environment as well as tone of voice. Internal communications focused you will have experience working over multiple internal platforms, both on and offline such as newsletters, bulletins, digital screens etc. Although the strategy has been created, you will be creative and want to bring new ideas to the table to help with the execution of the campaigns.
If you are an experienced internal communications candidate who is looking for all encompassing role then please do apply!Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.