£8m turnover digital marketing business in Leeds is looking to recruit into the No.1 finance role. Reporting to board level, you will form part of a senior management team to support strategy, provide financial information, and operational planning through commercial awareness and decision-making
You will demonstrate an ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders, be comfortable in making decisions with an understanding of business operational practices. You will be able to lead and manage a small team as well as forming part of the Senior Management Team.
The role is open to qualified or suitably qualified by experience candidates.
Key responsibilities will include
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making
- Produce month end and year-end financial reports
- Prepare statutory and management accounts
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
- Assess capital expenditure
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Lead, manage, guide and motivate a small team
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations
- Cash flow forecasts
- VAT returns
- Production of relevant commercial analysis
The business uses Sage and the rounded nature of the role providing contact with banks, senior stakeholders and suppliers makes this an excellent grounding to step up into a future FD post.
IPS Finance has 40 years experience in the Yorkshire accountancy recruitment market. We have built our business on long term relationships with both individuals and clients in all sectors, bringing real benefits to all concerned. Please visit the IPS Finance website to view the latest accountancy / finance and practice opportunities.