An accountancy firm in Guildford is seeking a Tax Accountant on a contract basis
to assist over the upcoming busy tax period, to the end of January, producing personal tax returns for clients. Remuneration will be paid at £35,000 - £45,000 per annum equivilent.
There is a possibility that this contract could be extended beyond the end of January or become permanent for the right candidate. If a permanent role was to be offered, it would be a mixed tax and accounts role. Working in a small, friendly team, your responsibilities will include:
We welcome applications from people with the following experience:
- Preparation and submission of tax returns in a timely fashion
- Liaising with clients and HMRC
- Providing assistance with other tax and accounting tasks as required to enable the smooth running of the office over this busy period
- Previous tax experience gained within a practice environment
- Ideally be qualified CTA, ATT, AAT, ACCA or ACA, although, part qualified or qualified by experience candidates would be considered
- Be IT literate; experience of IRIS, Sage, Xero, Taxfiler, TaxCalc, Caseware or similar software would be an advantage
- Able to meet all deadlines including the ability to work on multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.Submit your CV for this Tax Accountant (contract) role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.