Our client, an executive agency require a Finance Business Manager
for an initial period of 6 months with potential extensions up to 23 months.
This role is based remotely currently but may necessitate travel from January 2022 onwards.This role attracts a day rate of £250 - £300 (inside IR35)
Working within the Concessionary Travel and Integrated Travel Unit, this role will maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organisational boundaries. Including sourcing, collation and presentation of financial information to meet Audit Scotland and other external and internal requests. Assisting colleagues with good financial governance, payment, income and coding queries and continuously developing finance processes.
This role requires a formal accounting qualification and professional membership e.g. ACCA
- The specialist skill you will have the ability to:
- Prepare and submit monthly financial budget monitoring returns, monthly input to section 70 grant funding reports and annual accruals, pre-payments and year-end reports to TS Finance. Provide monthly CTITU budget monitoring finance dashboard style reports to unit management, reactive to any changes in preferred report style/content.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc financial forecasts, including provision of narrative and advice to CTITU senior managers, for unit activities, including but not limited to:
- Capped and uncapped Free Bus Concessionary Travel Schemes, with £257.1 Million budget in 2021/22. With the introduction of Young Persons Free Bus Scheme from late 2021/22 the budget will increase accordingly
- Non Free Bus Concessionary Travel Scheme Expenditure, with £5.65 Million budget in 2021/22, including: Free Ferry; Young Persons Bus, Rail and Ferry; Scheme payroll costs and administration costs.
- Smart and Integrated Ticketing and Payments Programme
- Provide expert advice to support the delivery of enhanced financial capabilities on the automated CTITU claims Reimbursement Processing System, including its automated forecasting tool.
- Manage B2 Finance Officer's work, providing support and resilience for tasks like monthly ledger/financial reconciliations