Age UK runs a National Telephone Friendship Service, offering older people all across the UK telephone friendship. We support thousands of matches between older people and trained volunteers, who together enjoy a regular weekly telephone chat. Our service makes a huge difference to the lives of older people who are lonely and isolated - giving them a chance to make a new friend from the comfort of their home.
Our service is expanding rapidly following a huge increase in need for our service from older people over the past 18 months. We're looking for a Friendship Services Manager to look after the day-to-day management of our national Telephone Friendship Services, ensuring the team provide a fantastic service to the older people and volunteers we support all over the UK. Working alongside two other Friendship Service Managers in our offices in Blackpool and Devon, and reporting to the National Manager for the service, you'll ensure that the service is delivered to a high standard, and that our large team of staff are well supported.
Please note, that this role is currently fully home-based, so you must have a suitable space to work at home (all IT equipment will be provided). We plan in the near future to move to a flexible model of home and office based-working, so you will need to be within a reasonable distance of the Blackpool office and be willing to work there regularly. This role will involve sharing weekend and evening cover along with 3 other managers on a rota basis.
You will have
* Demonstrable people management skills and experience of line management
* Experience in delivering training and coaching
* Experience of delivering and managing projects
* Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
* Experience of working towards and delivering KPIs
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Knowledge of safeguarding and mental health issues
* A passion for supporting older people and volunteers
Please see the attached job pack for a full job description and person specification.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £24,000-£26,000
* 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.