At Wellcome we believe great ideas can change the world and improve health for everyone. We help great ideas to thrive by supporting scientists and researchers, taking on big problems, fueling imaginations and sparking debate.
We are looking for an Information, Risk and Compliance Officer. You will be a vital part of Wellcome, managing the completion of Records of Processing Activities (ROPA) and its consistent application across Wellcome. Your role will cover information risk management, data usage monitoring and data protection engagement across our organisation.
You will be the main point of contact within the IG team and as such crucial stakeholder to each department. You'll have ownership of your own KPIs to report on, giving you exposure to a selection of committees and boardsMain Purpose of the Position:
Includes supporting and providing specialist advice and guidance for:
Skills and Experience:Essential
- Information Governance
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Monitoring compliance with Information Handling and other related Policies
- Compliance in relation to Data Protection (and GDPR)
- Third-party data protection risk
- Supporting the Information Governance team on reporting compliance activities to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Executive leadership and Board with regular reports on Information Governance compliance and Information Asset Risks.
- Providing training and support to Wellcome's Information Asset Owners to ensure identification and management of information asset risks relating to service provision, supplier management and/or Wellcome processes.
- Good operational experience in information governance and records management
- Experience of supporting the management of third-party compliance and logging of data processing activities
- Proven ability to communicate and implement recommendations
- A record of contributing to business operations and decision making through the development of process improvements
- Practical knowledge of legislation around information and records management
- Experience of applying IG best practice to practical processes and translating into advice for all levels of stake holders
- Demonstrable understanding of risk management in diverse, medium to large size organisations, with an appreciation for the commercial application of risk management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including experience of presenting to groups of people
- Can communicate with all levels within the organisation - Championing and promoting the Information Governance principles at Wellcome
- Degree level qualification in an information management related discipline or equivalent experience
- Completed accredited Information Governance training
- Data Protection (GDPR) experience.
- Understanding of a non-profit making, charitable and committee- based organisation.
- Awareness and understanding of current and emerging IT technologies and professional practices
- Ability to work with senior leadership to support business change
- Excellent written documentation skills
- GDPR certified.
- Degree in IT Computing.
- ISO15489, ISO9001, SOC1/2, ISAE3402, COBIT 5 knowledge/experience.
If you are interested in the role, please make sure when submitting your application, you attach your CV and complete the questionnaire formSalary:
£35,000, plus our BenefitsContract Type: PermanentAdvert closing date: 1st December 2021
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us.