We work with the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
I am looking for a contractor to work on a new project with them, focusing on starter motors and charging systems. This is an opportunity to work on the latest rotating electrics, supporting the development of engines designed to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following technical background:-
- A good technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering, though consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
- Prior experience in engine component design and development, preferably gained on starters, alternators or starting and charging systems
- Good understanding of component development and validation
- Good leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
The desirable key skills and competencies for this role include:-
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Experience of designing and executing verification and validation test plans for rotating electric components.
- Experience of writing technical document / requirements / test plans
- Experience of starting and charging systems in on or off road or large engine applications e.g. tractors, excavators, skid mounted generators etc.
To apply please forward an up to date resume and a covering letter stating your availability and current rate.
Role Rotating Electrics / Design Development Engineer
Duration 12 Months
Location Cambridgeshire, UK
Type PAYE - Contract
Rate c£26.30 per hour
RHL Recruitment acts as an employment agency and recruitment consultancy.