We have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Accountant
to join us on a 6 month fixed-term contract here at Thrive Homes!
Thrive Homes is an award-winning housing association with a strong track record and ambitious plans. Thrive exists to provide good quality affordable homes and services enabling the development of communities where people enjoy living. We currently manage over 5,000 properties across the Home Counties, but our new strategic ambition and vision is to grow our existing portfolio to 10,000 homes for the local communities.
We operate full agile working conditions from home and our office in Apsley, Hertfordshire. We pride ourselves on looking after our employees by offering progressive careers and leading benefits and we aim to attract the very best talent.The Opportunity:
In this front-line role you will need to be capable in delivering a high quality finance service to internal and external customers covering mainly the payables and receivables area.
- You will have full responsibility of all Credit Control for Sales Ledgers, chasing by phone, email and internally to resolve queries holding up cash collection
- Overall financial maintenance of Sales Ledger Customer Accounts
- Provision of system training and advise on the purchase to pay system to the current and new budget holders
- Preparation of supplier payments for review and authorisation
- Reconciliation of Debtors and Creditors ledger and review of aged transactions
- Provision of statistical reports to all relevant parties
- Processing of invoices and reconciliation of supplier statements and dealing with queries
- Processing payments made by direct debit
- Journals and Monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Management and reconciliation of Petty cash
- Follow up on unapproved invoices and calculating accruals for management accounts
- Manage transactions through the electronic purchase order system
- Cover and support to the Finance team for absence and workload peaks
- Maintaining and updating procedure documentation.
- Undertake any other ad hoc project and duties as required.
- You will need a good level of education including Maths and English.
- Be AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of using QL Finance.
- Have experience of working in the payables/receivables area of a finance team.
- Experience of reconciliations.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and manage a complex workload.
- Good knowledge of MS office (excel/word/outlook) intermediate level.
- We are offering a competitive salary between £27,322 - £30,612 per annum depending on experience (pro rata).
- Annual Leave - 25 days per year increasing by one day per completed holiday year to 30 days maximum.
- Pension - Thrive Homes will pay double your amount subject to a maximum of 10%. The minimum amount you will need to contribute is 3%
- Life assurance - a payment of X3 your salary
- HealthShield - facility to claim cashback for dental, optical and physiotherapy costs, alongside wellness services
- We have a performance bonus up to 4.5% of salary, which is discretionary and non-contractual
- Annual Flu Jab - provided each winter to all employees
- Enhanced Flexible Reward Pot - £900 each year in April to spend on flexible benefits (after completing your 6-month probation and it will be on a pro rata basis)
- A range of engagement activities aimed at building team morale, supporting both physical and mental health and celebrating all things that make us different