InHealth is the UK's largest specialist provider of diagnostic and healthcare solutions. Our aim is to make healthcare better by delivering on a continuous improvement cycle across our range of tests, scans, assessments and procedures. In the last year, we have provided a test, scan or treatment for more than 3 million people, the majority of these to NHS patients and service users.
Our flexible and dynamic approach helps our customers to meet some of their most pressing challenges. We improve access by delivering our services from over 850 locations, many of them accessible community sites. By providing safe, effective, responsive and caring services we aim to contribute to the healthcare economy of the UK and improve patient outcomes.Overview:
To work as part of a driven team providing an incident management service across a 12/5 model for IT related issues with products and services defined within the IT Service Catalogue.
To provide quality telephone-based, face to face and email customer service to an internal customer end-user base of around 2,200+ staff, with varying levels of IT literacy.
Undertake thorough triage activities utilising enhanced questioning and communication skills to ascertain the best and most suitable allocation pathway to ensure high first time resolution of service calls.
Maintain ownership of incidents, offering a single point of contact for customers' incident enquiry through to resolution, using and maintaining an ITSM software package.
Provide support to all InHealth computer users including Non InHealth staff based in NHS trusts who use InHealth Systems.Main responsibilities:
- Act as the front-line face and voice of InHealth's IT function to the internal customer community, representing IT in a positive manner at all times
- To provide IT support to end users as part of a pre-planned rota; answering support queries via phone or email with a high first fix ratio
- Use enhanced customer service skills to maintain a high level of customer service at all times for all support queries
- Use effective questioning techniques with end users to triage issues and ascertain the likely root cause of issues to aid successful first contact resolution or correct escalation point
- To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Ensure allocation of support tickets to most relevant Support Engineer or Third Party supplier for fastest resolution
- Maintain communication with the end user during the lifecycle of the service support ticket
- Review the support ticket with the customer, post-resolution to ensure all problems have been resolved to the satisfaction of the user
- Actively monitor ageing tickets, keeping average age to an absolute minimum
- Log and maintain quality documentation for all service calls on the ITSM software package
- Maintain a log of consistent issues on behalf of customers and represent these in regular continuous improvement meetings to aid long-term resolution
- Resolve non-technical support queries such as system password resets where agreed
- Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Strong customer awareness & empathy
- Questioning techniques
- Team working skills
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Organisation skills
- Basic understanding of IT foundations, including PC and software
- Customer Service and Relationship Building techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced customer service role
- Action oriented with a desire to ensure customer satisfaction
- Self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative and under pressure
- Able to interact clearly through various means of communication
- Professional - able to present a positive image of IT to customers
- Fast learner
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
Full time opportunity upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme. Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.