About Pinnatte Solutions:
Pinnatte Solutions is an independent recruitment agency who provides comprehensive services to corporate clients. Our skilled teams work with businesses to support their HR function.
Based in Reading, Berkshire, Pinnatte Solutions serves several clients across the UK specialising in sourcing a high standard of candidates for a variety of roles in the IT sector.
Our client is looking for IT Support Technician
position to join their dynamic team, to start as soon as possible.Job location:
Bucks Pay, £19,856 - £22,316Contract time:
PermanentAbout the role:
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the IT Helpdesk and for supporting the staff and students of the school.Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be 1st line technical IT support.
- To be responsible for and manage the IT helpdesk. Including: Prioritisation of requests against set criteria Logging requests when appropriate Allocation to team members of requests Monitoring of open requests to ensure prompt response and SLAs achieved Call resolution communication sent Analysing requests so that common trends and underlying problems can be identified.
- To provide prioritised technical support to staff with IT related problems.
- To be responsible for AV bookings, including assembly and exam setups.
- To perform new staff IT inductions, including creation of ID badges, allocation of devices, and explanation of school systems.
- To install, maintain, upgrade and test IT equipment and networks, cloud services, website and AV equipment.
- To assist in the development and day-to-day management of the school network.
- To assist in the monitoring of system performance, diagnose and resolve network, software and hardware faults and perform maintenance repairs and upgrades as required.
- To allocate or manage staff and student logon credentials.
- To have responsibility for the school IT rooms, mobile devices and AV equipment.
- To help train and develop teaching and non-teaching staff in the efficient use of IT, including classroom equipment.
- To keep themselves continually up to date with developments in IT.
- To administer and monitor basic Health and Safety and audit checks, including hardware inventory, warranties and licences.
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours, in response to service demands, as agreed with the IT Leader.
- To take responsibility for health and safety in the workplace by undertaking risk analyses for the immediate work area and following guidance in the AGS Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- GCSE A*-C in English and MathsQualifications (Desirable)
- Any relevant IT qualifications Knowledge and skills (Essential):
Other Personal Qualities:
- Good knowledge and familiarity of software, hardware, Operating Systems, Active Directory environments, virtualisation, printers, servers, cloud computing, networking, G-Suite and Office 365.
- The ability to manage maintenance and repair procedures • The ability to assess and prioritize issues.
- The ability to install, test and maintain hardware and software Knowledge and skills (Desirable).
- Previous experience of working in an educational environment.
- Familiarity with iSAMS.
- Knowledge of educational software and hardware.
- Ability to provide training to colleagues.
- Ability to evaluate new technologies.
- Passion for IT, keeping up to date with latest developments and applying that knowledge.
- A commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of young people.
- A willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions remaining calm under pressure.
- The ability to work flexibly and supportively with staff and students.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and to understand the view of others.
- Relevant practical skills.