WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will drive the agenda for two topics within the Global Advantage Practice Area. Global Advantage is one of BCG's core functional practice areas with a unique commercial offering and a long tradition of cutting-edge thought leadership. Being at the crossroads of emerging and mature markets, we work with our clients to unlock unparalleled business opportunities offered by globalization while mastering the challenges of disruption. We help clients not only build sizable international footprints but also maximize their potential in the face of global disruptive forces such as rapidly changing markets, geopolitical environment, rising local competitors as well as shifting customer behavior and preferences. This roll will support the interconnected topics of Economic Advantage of Nations and Geopolitics & Trade Impact topics.
Economic Advantage of Nations (EAN) focuses on helping countries attract Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and increase their economic growth through several levers: Development of Economic Clusters (SEZs, Innovation hubs and Industrial Parks), talent attraction, SME support, etc. We work with public and private sector players to find Innovative solutions to sustainable FDI attraction and economic development.
Geopolitics & Trade Impact (GTI) enables clients to create advantage out of the uncertainty from a 'new normal' where Industry 4.0, labor cost convergence, digitization, and rising economic nationalism are reshaping the foundations of trade. Immediate impacts also loom large: from Brexit, to the US-China trade conflict, to the new USMCA and global supply chain disruptions arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. GTI can support firms to build resilience and create advantage as global trade becomes top-of-mind in the C-suite, as well as governments in using trade policy as a vehicle to spur economic development and recovery.
We are seeking a strong candidate to work closely with the Global Leader of Geopolitics & Trade Impact and the Global Leader of Economic Advantage of Nations, as well as a broader leadership & expert team, as the Product Manager for Global Trade & Investment.
As a Product Manager, you will be in charge to lead and coordinate the different Product Management activities, to support the development of our business, in particular including:
* Product Strategy and Plan. Drive yearly planning exercise around our BCG offer, articulating the needs / pain points from our clients, how they evolve and how our Product respond to these needs and how we differentiate from competitors. You will be supporting the development of a clear architecture for EAN/GTI, articulation around Key programs, and connection with other BCG offers.
* Strategic analysis and reporting. With support of the PA and Finances team, put in place relevant KPIs and help track business progress.
* Product Governance. Support the leadership team in setting up and orchestrating the right governance, prepare and drive the regular meetings / calls associated to it
* Prioritization and Backlog Management. Help teams align on priorities, based on the plan and manage the backlog of activities to support the development of our offer; as well as communication, marketing and Go To Market activities (internally and externally)
* Product Development. In collaboration with experts and knowledge teams, contribute to the development and dissemination of the EAN/GTI offer;
* Management and support to the EAN/GTI go-to-market per sector. In collaboration with different BCG sector teams, align on Sector priorities and specific GTM plans (incl. customized content needed, specific campaigns, and priority clients)
* Product Marketing and Communication. Together with the leadership team and marketing teams, develop product narrative, as well as communication plan and contribute to its execution
* Sales and Execution Support: contribute to relevant plans to build necessary capabilities internally (or externally) to best support the offer execution; support training and enablement of our teams.
As part of the Product Management BCG community, you will work closely with your topic teams, but also with your Product Management colleagues and contribute to the testing / refining and exchange of best practices across the community.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Successful candidates will feel comfortable operating in a "start-up mode" within BCG and with multiple players, have strong project management skills, the aptitude to see and hold the big picture, yet also manage the details. Comfort with ambiguity, evolving priorities and eagerness to lean in to support team/projects when needed, are also pre-requisites.
In particular, successful candidates will show the following abilities:
* Orchestrate complex agendas, align senior leadership, prioritizing activities and working with others to get things done (in a distributed organization)
* Manage and execute projects efficiently; provide hands-on support to multiple activities, often requiring strong consulting skills (slides writing, effective communication, some analytics, ...)
* Collaborate and communicate with various teams and individuals, with different level of seniority in different geographies and with different background; be able to communicate with senior leaders and be a connection point for the community
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* Bachelor Degree Required; Advanced Degree Preferred
* 8-10+ years industry experience or 5+ years consulting experience
* Experience and/or passion in Global Advantage topics - specifically global trade and supply chains, geopolitics, foreign direct investment and economic clusters (among others)
* Previous experience in BCG is a plus, ideally in a Project Leader, Consultant, Senior KT or BST manager roles
* Highly knowledgeable and analytical
* Excellent command of the English language
* Strong work ethic, service-mentality, autonomous and self-starter
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, operate effectively in a matrix organization and a fast-paced environment, proactively manage expectations
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to influence senior members of BCG, credibility, strong interpersonal skills
* Collaborative team player, ability to maintain discretion when needed
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our business management and operations team members work to ensure that BCG is running smoothly, efficiently, and productively. We are made up of executive and administrative (or case team) assistants, visual service artists, receptionists, facilities staff, and the team leaders and office coordinators who manage these operations and business management jobs.