At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Role Title
Fund Administration and Reporting Manager Purpose
The successful candidate will join the fund administration and reporting function of the Real Estate Finance Team within Private & Alternative Assets. The role covers a suite of existing real estate debt mandates including commingled funds and segregated mandates each with their own structural, administrative and reporting requirements. Key Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will be the day to day oversight of operating models for various commingled funds and segregated mandates managed by the Real Estate Finance team, which will include working with internal constituencies and external administrators, accountants, auditors and tax advisors on fund operations.
The role will include:
• Interaction with the investment team and the asset management team in supporting the execution of new loans investments
• Preparation and presentation of board reports and recommendations
• Liaison with various internal M&G teams such as Tax, Finance, Operations and Compliance
• Oversight of quarterly/monthly fund reporting cycles including review of NAVs, capital statements, quarterly distribution calculations and management fee calculations prepared by the Fund Administrators
• Oversight of investor drawdowns and distributions
• Direct contact with a broad range of investors and their consultants, providing timely and accurate responses to their day to day queries, audit queries and bespoke reporting requests
• Preparation and oversight of investor reporting
• Provide support on annual fund audits
• Supporting the execution of setting up new funds and segregated mandates
The role has management responsibility for one team member dedicated to the Fund Administration and Reporting.
In addition you will be expected to take responsibility for the further development and refinement of each operating model and assist in the development of systems used by the team.
He/she must work well with others and in teams, be detailed oriented, motivated and be able to work to deadlines.
Experience in the real estate or debt fund industry is helpful but not essential. Job & Personal Skills (please consider soft skills as well as management and regulatory skills):
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate that they are a highly organised, focused and self-motivated individual, with previous experience in fund administration. Ideally they will have had experience with multi-entity fund structures; real estate or debt specific experience a key advantage. Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background and previous experience in fund administration.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things