We have a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Finance Manager to join our client's leadership team, helping support the CEO to set the finance strategy.
The charity is a thriving organisation and one of the most established refugee and migrants' organisations providing services in London, but focusing on south and southeast London boroughs.Position:
£35 - £37,000; pro-rata and depending on experience,Hours:
Part time, permanent, 12 hours per week - We are currently working in a hybrid model, you would be expected to work 2 out of 3 days from the office in Deptford, ideally on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9.30 - 5.30pmClosing Date:
9am Monday 6th DecemberAbout the role:
As Finance Manager You will have day to day responsibility for the organisation's finances, working with colleagues to set and manage budgets, maintain accurate financial records and ensure all financial and compliance requirements are met. You will line manage a Finance and Admin Officer.Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Create and deliver financial policies, in conjunction with the CEO
- Ensure the organisation is operating with a sustainable financial model
- Organise payroll, expenses, external invoices and client hardship payments
- Support service managers to meet their project budgets
- Manage recording of donations and grants and Gift Aid
- Produce quarterly management accounts, funder reports, etc.
- Produce the annual accounts and liaise with the Independent Examiner/Auditor
- Reconcile transactions and records to ensure financial control using Quickbooks
- Prepare and develop organisational budgets in collaboration with the CEO
- Prepare a quarterly finance report for Trustees and liaise with the Treasurer to ensure the Board of Trustees is aware of financial developments and forecasts
To be successful in the role of Finance Manager you will have a relevant accounting background and/or qualification with an excellent understanding of, and experience of, financial planning.Other essential skills/experience include:
- Organised with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working with financial recording software
- Track record of overseeing finance and managing budgets
- Experience of working in the Not-For-Profit sector and of SORP and charity compliance framework
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- A Passion for social impact
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and caseload management systems
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Other roles you may have experience of could include; Charity Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Finance Team Leader, Finance Analyst, Senior Finance Manager, Interim Finance Manager, Financial Accounting Manager, Finance Manger etc.