KS2 Teaching Assistant (SEMH) | Mental Health Support
We are looking to appoint a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to support a pupil in KS2 who has Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties. Starting immediately, this role will initially last until the end of the academic year in July 2022.
You will be working closely with a pupil within Year 6 who has suffered early childhood trauma.
In partnership with the Year 6 team, SENCO and an external Educational Psychologist, you will implement strategies designed to increase engagement and to help with their emotional wellbeing.KS2 Teaching Assistant (SEMH) | Mental Health Support
- KS2 Teaching Assistant based at an inclusive Primary School in Merton
- Working 1:1 with a Year 6 pupil who has SEMH difficulties
- Being part of the school's delivery team to help to enhance the pupil's emotional wellbeing
- Providing a safe environment for the pupil to regulate their emotions
- Supporting in their academic development whilst in class and through specialist interventions
- Interviews taking place ASAP with immediate starts available
- Full-time position, Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 16:00
- £350 per week | Paid PAYE on a weekly basis
A 2:1 or higher degree grade preferably linked to Mental Health, Psychology or Counselling would provide an excellent platform for this role. The ability to demonstrate a strong theoretical understanding of child development and having previous practical experience within the SEMH field is essential.
A resilient nature and a never-give-up attitude are required in this challenging yet rewarding KS2 Teaching Assistant role!
If you want to make a positive impact in your day-to-day working life and are looking for practical experience to support a future career as a Psychologist, Wellbeing Practitioner or Counsellor, this KS2 Teaching Assistant role is the perfect opportunity for you to take on!Ribbons & Reeves are London's leading Education Recruiters. We specialise in helping educators of all levels to secure long-term and permanent roles, such as this KS2 Teaching Assistant role, in Merton. For other roles like this, check out our website, search 'Ribbons & Reeves'. We look forward to supporting you in your application to this Teaching Assistant role.KS2 Teaching Assistant | Merton, London