The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity under a multi-annual funding agreement. We are governed by a board of trustees, who are supported by a number of committees and leadership and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to support new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
Within the Foundation we adopt flexible roles that reflect the dynamic nature of our charity and enable our people to learn, develop and grow their skills and open up career opportunities. This is part of our investment in you.
This role profile provides an outline of what will be involved in your role rather than an exhaustive list of duties. Both you and this role will naturally evolve.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and organised Communications Lead who will bring imagination and impact to the way we communicate with target audiences across a range of mediums, with a specific focus on online. The postholder will be a great communicator, highly organised, able to work across a wide range of communications functions, but with a particularly strong content production and online promotion skillset. You will combine excellent storytelling skills with a passion for social media and data driven insight to drive overall strategy and impact.
The postholder will design and deliver a variety of content for our internal and external projects and campaigns, including high profile events. You will be a strong writer, have a superb eye for design and enjoy balancing a complex workload. Adapting messaging and communication strategy to a wide range of audiences will be crucial. This includes building productive relationships with young people, volunteers and senior corporate clients. The postholder will also have a demonstrable ability use data management tools to establish patterns and trends in audience behaviours online. Your Key Responsibilities:
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Lead on the development of the EY Foundation's social media presence, identifying and using the best channels to reach our audiences; keeping on top of key digital trends, using data to generate insight and managing paid for online campaigns.
- Create, edit and manage content on our corporate website; and have good working knowledge of website architecture, Search Engine Optimisation, and web analytics.
- Lead the production of key publications, including the annual impact report with clear, concise and consistent materials to support the development of external relationships.
- Project manage delivery of virtual and face-to-face events, such as annual awards and employer webinars
- Plan, design and create promotional materials (text, images, graphics and video) for campaigns and regular ongoing communications
- Create and maintain a dashboard to analyse and report on digital metrics - bringing together various analytical tools, including Google Analytics and social media engagement metrics
What we look for:
- Excellent storytelling skills, with an ability to harness social media to bring our work to life.
- Strong multimedia content creation experience, especially video, photography and graphics.
- Online community building and organic and paid for content promotion
- Excellent understanding of digital analytics and dashboard presentation.
- Strong writing ability and can adapt style for different audiences.
- Experience of campaign development and delivery.
- Event management in face-to-face and virtual environments
- Excellent people skills, able to work with a range of stakeholders from young people on programmes to senior figures across government and business.
- Understanding of employment, social mobility, education sectors
- A well-organised and enthusiastic self-starter
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment, having excellent time management skills, and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Creative and innovative - want to explore new ideas and happy to adopt new ways of working
- Team player with a confident manner, taking a professional, flexible, positive and resilient approach
- Fully IT literate, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and editing software
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with internal clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.
A driven, organised, conscientious and analytical individual working with stakeholders of all levels within an ever-changing environment. What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. Please note
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here
. We ask because it matters! If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.