Axon Moore are working with a high growth, fast paced business based in the Lancashire area who are undergoing a high profile Finance Transformation.
We are looking for Professional Finance Consultant who can troubleshoot and improve processes and controls.
Having grown rapidly in recent years, largely through a series of acquisitions, the organisation have inherited a number of different processes and ways of working from the acquired companies.
As Finance Consultant you will be part of a new transformation team that will bring both standardisation and better, more efficient ways of working across the company. Reporting into the Head of Finance Transformation, you will work alongside existing BAU team members in management accounts and the shared services transactional team to understand how historic data and current processes and controls could be improved. Duties:
- Quickly create strong relationships with members of the BAU team to gain their trust and be a credible partner in helping them improve ways of working
- Take an area of known difficulty within either management accounting or transactional shared services and investigate it thoroughly to understand where problems in data, processes and controls exist
- Working hand-in-hand with the BAU teams, design solutions to correct any historic data issues, introduce or improve finance processes and add or upgrade controls around those processes
- To be able to concisely report back findings in a way that is clear and factual, setting out options with rationale for recommended solutions
- Prioritise issues discovered, gaining buy-in from senior stakeholders in Finance and beyond as required
- Take a hands-on approach to fixing both historic data issues as well as any underlying process and control issues to ensure the problem does not reoccur
- Drive standardisation to ensure that as far as possible all changes are implemented globally in a standardised way
- Where appropriate, work on future acquisitions made and support in ensuring they adopt standard processes as defined by Finance
- Qualified accountant
- Experienced SME with management accounting and/or transactional services
- Track record of independently improving bad data, processes and controls
- Experience of operating in a relatively large, complex business
- Excel - advanced.
- SAP would be an advantage but not essential
- Have an inventive and pro-active mind-set to independently identify and resolve data, process and controls related issues.