Our retained client is a market leading, private equity backed manufacturing business that is looking to appoint a Finance and Operations Director. The business currently turnover circa £20 million (EBITDA circa £4 million), and operate in a niche sector where they are growing quickly via M&A activity as well as organically. This individual will be a key member of the Group Board, which is tasked with growing shareholder value and working towards an exit in the next 12-18 months.Key responsibilities
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the organisation.
- Getting involved in a variety of operational situations to improve efficiencies across the business.
- Tracking of the commercial pipeline and business development opportunities.
- Provide effective and professional leadership to the finance team.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new business opportunities.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with applicable legislation for financial and tax reporting.
- Support and advise the CEO on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow and investment priorities.
- Stakeholder management of external advisors, bankers, lawyers, private equity and auditors, to include responsibility for all external investor and covenant reporting.
- Ongoing development of management information, commercial analysis and KPI suite to support the senior management team in driving business performance, and provide robust operational challenge within the business.
The business seek a Group Finance Director who can demonstrate the following:
- Prior exposure to operations within a Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience in a senior management role ideally gained in a high growth organisation.
- Previous experience within manufacturing would be beneficial.
- Business gravitas, acumen and discipline.
This is a fantastic opportunity where the client would consider an experienced Finance Director, or alternatively someone stepping up into their first Finance Director role. You must be able to demonstrate you can work with energy, gravitas and ambition coupled with a track record of commercial and operational success to be considered for this opportunity.