Head of Project Management / Portfolio Manager
Head of Project Management / Portfolio Manager sought for a c2000 user Professional Services firm to lead the Project Management Team and ensure successful delivery of projects across the firm, as well as manage the development of the firm's Project Management methodology.
The Head of Project Management will work closely with the Senior Management Team to plan, coordinate, and ensure successful delivery of strategic projects across the firm. You will guide and support the internal projects team, as well as using 3rd party resources when required. A key part of this role is also further maturing and developing the project governance framework, and embedding best practice for project management around the firm.
- Ensuring strategic projects are prioiritised and succesfully delivered
- Overseeing resource allocation, and highlighting resource challenges / identifying solutions
- Implementing portfolio management methodology and best practices including building out templates such as PID, Risk Registers, and Status Reporting
- Change Management including impact assessment and issuing communications / guidance to the business
- Monitoring progress and preparing / delivering regular reports to the Senior Management Team
- Management and Development of a multi-discplinary projects team including Project Managers, Business Analysts, and PMO analysts
- Budget Management and tracking
You should have a proven track record overseeing the successful delivery of business and stakeholder sensitive projects. You will have demonstrable experience in a Senior/Lead capacity, providing mentoring and expertise to a team of Project Managers and Analysts, as well as of defining and embedding project management methodology and practices.
You will ideally have worked in other Professional Services environments previously (e.g. Law, Finance/Accounting) delivering a variety of different types of project (including Business Applications, IT Infrastructure, Support Services, Target Operating Model Changes etc).
You should hold an industry recognised senior level Project Management Certification / Accreditation such as PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), P3O Practitioner level, AIPMO IPMO-Expert.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded firm taking on a series of major changes and transformation.
Apply now then get in touch for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/95293594