SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT ACQUISITION
6-9 MONTH FTC INITIALLY
Our client, a leading global media and entertainment company, is looking for a commercial lawyer ideally with media and content acquisition experience. This role will be working in a high performing team who are responsible for all of our client's content (entertainment channels, documentary channels, movie channels,etc).
The team acquires rights (licensing in of content) from all over the world. You will work closely with your commercial and legal colleagues in the UK and the EU. You will be a qualified solicitor with high calibre training and demonstrable experience in-house within a media business. This is an immediate start and the contract can be for 3, 6 or 9 months in duration.
* Top notch academics and legal background, with extensive post-qualification experience in content and IP (in particular copyright)
* TV licensing - experience of drafting and negotiating licensing deals with major studios. This is NOT a pre-requisite
* Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver
* Sound business judgment and a proven ability to work adaptably in a fast-paced commercial environment on complex and strategically important projects
* Resilience, ability to cope with change, operate under pressure and in a crisis, pragmatism, far-sightedness, and a solutions focused-lens
The team pursues the highest standards and demonstrates commitment, integrity and judgement. Through their work, the legal team helps to bring better content and innovation to all of their customers, always adding value.