Are you an experienced compliance professional looking to make a difference in the charity sector?
Are you detail orientated with a practical approach to fundraising and data protection regulations?
If you are solution-orientated and you know about compliance, then this is a great opportunity to join a motivated team of charity fundraisers.
We at Harris Hill are excited to be working with a fantastic charity looking for a Fundraising Compliance Manager. You will be responsible for ensuring that all fundraising activity is conducted in a professional and ethical way, that consistently demonstrates best practice.
Your role will be to ensure all activities are compliant, meeting all the legal & regulatory obligations including the Code of Fundraising Practice, the IOF's Treating Donors Fairly, the PSA & Data Protection Legislation.
We are looking for someone to lead and maintain a culture of compliance covering all fundraising and supporter engagement activities.
As the Fundraising Compliance Manager, you will be the focal point for compliance, providing guidance and advice to colleagues ensuring that all the controls and processes are in place across all areas of fundraising. You will produce & deliver training and supporting documents to upskill staff and to ensure consistency across the team, as well as identifying areas for improvement and development.
You will also have a good understanding and practical knowledge of data protection, regulatory & legal frameworks in a fundraising context. As you know it will be important to keep your knowledge up-to-date because you will be communicating with your colleagues at all levels. Your natural ability to connect will be key as you will encounter varying levels of understanding; which means you will need an engaging and accessible manner.
Excellent organisation and project management skills will be required to ensure that projects and the day-to-day delivery and reporting of compliance are kept on track.
- To be the Fundraising and Supporter Development's main contact for all fundraising and data compliance.
- Provide advice and guidance to your Fundraising and Supporter Development colleagues. You will also guide other stakeholders on compliance and data protection queries.
- To evaluate and apply the Data Protection principles to different scenarios, supporting colleagues to find solutions to challenges within the limits of the law.
- To develop and maintain a culture of compliance across Fundraising and Supporter Development and our Charity partners through developing and delivering training and producing guidelines and departmental policies.
- To lead the monitoring of all fundraising compliance activities, demonstrating compliance to our partners and regulators including the Fundraising Regulator, Charities Commission and ICO.
- Manage compliance action plans.
- Conduct periodic reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed and fit for purpose.
- To check all contracts and data agreements for data capture on behalf of the department ensuring they are in line with all compliance regulations.
- Assess data risks and complete Data Protection Impact Assessments where required
- Report back to the Charity partners on compliance updates, actions, newly identified compliance risks and data breaches.
- Highlighting when a change in procedure or legislation has implications on the charity, communicating any changes to the relevant people affected.
- Project manage the pulling together of all policies and procedures across the entire team to ensure we are compliant with the GDPR, PECR, Code of Fundraising Practice, Fundraising Preference Service, The Charity Commission (CC20), and any other related compliance regulations.
- Ensure all relevant policies are communicated with the wider team.
You will be additionally required to:
- Attend training courses and workshops as part of personal and professional development.
- Positively market the work of the Fundraising and Supporter Development Team.
- Uphold and promote the Department's core values and culture.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Extensive knowledge of the UK Data Protection legislation (in particular UK GDPR and PECR), Fundraising Regulations (Code of Fundraising Practice and Charity Commission regulations) and a track record of how to apply it.
2. Experience of working in a compliance or similar function
3. Experience in reviewing contracts and non-disclosure agreements
4. Experience of writing policies and procedures
5. Ability to understand and interpret complex legislation, regulations and guidance and make it accessible for others.
6. Ability to constructively challenge the status quo and seek alternative solutions to overcome barriers
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build rapport and establish credibility quickly, tailoring the style to a broad range of individuals at all levels
8. Ability to multi-task and be flexible to react to changing priorities and to meet tight deadlines
9. Excellent project management skills
10. Excellent attention to detail
1. Knowledge of fundraising operations
2. Experience of Raiser's Edge, or a relationship database
3. Experience in working within a multi-faceted organisation
4. Experience of working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities