Halton & St Helens Voluntary and Community Action are looking for a skilled and committed Treasurer to join our Board. You will be joining a small but important organization providing support and development services to groups across Halton & St Helens.
We are currently reviewing our Governance arrangements and this role will make a key contribution to the organisation's financial governance. We have staff within the organization who will provide all of the necessary support to finances and the Treasurer will provide oversight and scrutiny to our finances ensuring we are operating in a compliant and good practice way.
The overall role of the Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Background and experience in finance and a qualification in accounting or other relevant area.
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
You will be working alongside a team making a key difference in St Helens and Halton. It will give you the chance to build a network in those Boroughs particularly within the Charity and Public sectors. We offer induction and other training opportunities to the Board and pay out-of-pocket expenses to our volunteers.
The Treasurer would need to attend 4 Board meetings each year and 4 Finance Committee a year. These are usually 2 hours each. AGM attendance.
How to apply
Please apply via Reach Volunteering by submitting a CV or LinkedIn profile and a covering letter. In the covering letter please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join the Halton & St Helens VCA board and any other relevant details in support of your application. Please contact the TrusteeWorks team for any queries.