Moxie People is supporting a truly people-focused Housing Association in South Wales to recruit an interim Finance Project Officer to start in early November 2021 on a part-time 4-month temporary contract.
This is your chance to join a Housing Association that's passionate about providing great services and support, about being a good employer, and about being a respected partner within their community and across Wales.The purpose of the Finance Project Officer role:
Preparing budget templates, input of data and calculating of annual budget including rent and service charges for the housing association within the specified timelines for approval by Board.Finance Project Officer - Role Details:
- Salary:£28,000 per annum (PAYE inclusive of holiday pay: £17.17 p/hour / £480.76 p/week)
- Hours: 28 per week (4 days per week - fully flexible working - allowing you to work around your personal and family commitments)
- Location: Currently home-based
- Duration: 4-month temporary contract
- Start date: Early November 2021
As the Finance Project Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with colleagues to prepare the Service Charge calculations within specified timelines
- Setting up of spreadsheets in MS Excel and inputting the collated data for each service chargeable element against each service chargeable housing scheme.
- Presenting input service charge calculations data back to colleagues for final review and sense check.
- Prepare the calculations of the annual revenue and capital budgets within specified timelines, for review by the Budget Scrutiny Panel in January 2022
- Set up budget templates in MS Excel for 7 budget holders, which will provide them with a pro forma to populate budget proposals and expected phasing of income/spend for the 2022/23 financial year
- Set up the main Housing Association budget template for the financial year 2022/23, which will capture all budget headings and feed into the financial statements - Statement of Comprehensive Income (SOCI), Statement of Comprehensive Income (SOFP), Cashflow and lender covenant calculations.
- Prepare final budgets for presentation to Board for Approval.
- Strong focus on delivering projects
- Solutions focussed mindset
- Effective time and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate (Strong Ms Excel skills & comfortable working on a finance software)
- Team player and independent thinker
To be considered for this role, you must
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products and experience of using Office 365
- Able to demonstrate recent and relevant experience in Finance environment
- Understanding of budgets and organisational processes
- People skills - ability to understand, build relationships with and work productively with a broad spectrum of people.
- Balanced self-assurance - confidence in own abilities, able to provide friendly challenge, tempered with humility and the desire to improve and develop
- Pro-active and flexible attitude - able to adapt to challenges and can work independently to deliver against agreed targets and outcomes.
Social housing sector or public sector experience is desirable, and experience in project management, budgets and service charges would be highly desirable.
If you're an experienced Finance Officer, who's readily available for contract work and can commit to a 4-month contract, please submit a CV that details your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications via the application link.
If you'd like more information on this Finance Project Officer role before applying, call Rich Thomas at Moxie People today, who will be happy to talk you through the role and company in detail.