Pastoral Lead / Assistant Head of Year
Your new company
This Salford Secondary School are currently looking to recruit a pastoral lead / assistant head of year. You will join a team of highly dedicated and experienced professionals who help with the support of children between the ages of 11 and 16 as a pastoral manager, reporting directing in to the vice principle and Safeguarding Lead/Inclusion Manager. This role is full time (40 hours per week)
Your new role
Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
* To support individual and groups of students in developing study skills, good organisation and work habits
* To report on the attendance and monitor the progress of the students to the Vice Principal
* Liaise with teaching staff and learning support staff on student support matters
* Report back to assistant principal and tutors on individual student progress and identify problem areas
* Maintain effective records of support work undertaken as directed, ensuring the confidentiality of these records in accordance with Data Protection legislation
* To Deputise and support for the safeguarding lead
* To act as a "Named person" for Safeguarding
* Liaise with the Senior Designated Person for Safeguarding in relation to all concerns about students
*Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of safeguarding incidents Monitor safeguarding on placements and visits
* To keep accurate records of incidents
* To investigate matters of indiscipline and poor behaviour, bullying and theft and make recommendations for sanctions
* Keep parents informed about matters of indiscipline and poor behaviour
What you'll need to succeed
* You should have a minimum of 6 months experience working with children within the last 2 years.
* You should have relevant experience of working alongside people with a diagnosis of Autism, emotional and social disorders and understand the ways in which to best support these diagnosis.
* You will need to have an enhanced DBS (if you don't currently hold one on the Update Service, we can process this for you).
* Level 2 safeguarding as a minimum
* Previous deputy pastoral lead is preferred but not essential
* This role does not require QTS or a Teaching Qualification
What you'll get in return
You will get the support of a designated consultant within Hays who will assist you throughout your employment checks, interview and probation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.