- As an Assistant Merchandiser you will play a vital role within the Merchandising team.
- You will provide essential support to your department, and provide management support to the Merchandise Admin Assistant if applicable.
A leading fashion business in Leeds. The company are going from strength to strength and as a result of internal progression are seeking to add to their Merchandising team. The business has been around for more than 80 years and are known for their British Heritage. Description
- Review & analysis previous season sales analysis by size at fit level and propose the future strategy for sizing for the relevant fit & product category.
- Produce par planners for each individual line dependant on the end use of the line.
- Assist the merchandiser with range building by providing analysis and proposals on; planned ROS, brand, fit, colour, design and pricing.
- Produce size scales for seasonal stock buys inline with critical path and ensure uploaded correctly on the buying minute
- Assist in training and supporting the departmental MDA where applicable.
- Review core size availability on a weekly basis to maintain 95% availability. Propose actions required to the merchandiser in weekly trade and re scale where possible, ensure any agreements are actioned.
- Review & reforecast core line cards on a weekly basis based on current performance. Propose any actions required in weekly trade to merchandiser on re-groups, par adjustments, phasing current commitment or any additional buys required.
- Review best sellers report on a weekly basis at line level. Propose any actions required to merchandiser in weekly trade on best/worst sellers; Regroups, distribution, intake & markdown proposals.
- Intake, working closely with Merchandiser to review weekly delivery schedule and critical path manage intake into the business. Raising any concerns to buyer/merchandiser which will impact; product launches, promotional activity or over stock.
- Liaise with suppliers & warehouse to ensure priority stock is on time and put away as soon as possible.
- Work closely with retail team to address any store stock issues and action accordingly
- WSSI maintenance; ensure OTB is updated on a weekly basis, intake is in the correct week & have an understand of closing stock targets of store group and YOY stock variance.
- Identify any overstock issues to merchandiser with proposal on how to reduce surplus stock and increase sell through.
- Maintain range plans to ensure all information is correct and intake is in the correct week.
- Ad Hoc reporting to support buying & merchandising.
- Strong understanding of competitors and their promotional activity.
- Complete the EBIS invoice checking on the accounts system where applicable. General office / departmental duties.
- Support MAA duties in their absence
Job OfferSalary up to £25k DOEClose to transport linksFree Parking Progression Opportunities Staff Discount Mix of home / office work Assistant Merchandiser - Clothing Assistant Merchandiser - Clothing Assistant Merchandiser - Clothing
- Currently a Merchandise Assistant / Assistant Merchandiser or similar
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- A good level of admin / IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and team working skills