We are seeking an Operations Manager to make a real difference at McKinlay Kidd, an ambitious and friendly company in the domestic/ inbound travel sector.
McKinlay Kidd offer tailormade and experience-led holidays throughout Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales, from road trips to small group rail tours. We have grown significantly in recent years and the company is on a firm financial footing.
Our customers are predominantly older, well-educated and well-travelled couples from both the UK and overseas. They expect great service and authentic holiday experiences. Many of them return to us again and again. We pride ourselves on personal service and every member of our team actively contributes to the company's success. McKinlay Kidd has won numerous awards over many years due to our high levels of customer satisfaction.The Role
The Operations Manager must be committed to delivering outstanding service levels and attention to detail from the moment a customer has booked a trip to after their return from holiday.
You will manage your team effectively to ensure efficient processes and turnaround times. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing strong, open and honest relationships with business partners, including accommodation from five-star hotels to two-room B&Bs, transport, guides and excursion providers.
You will relish challenges and problem-solving in the face of unexpected events and difficult situations, seeking solutions that are practical and right for the individual customer in line with company values.
You will take pride in developing a forward thinking, process-driven team of operational experts.
You will report to the General Manager and work closely with McKinlay Kidd colleagues across product development, sales and marketing.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based in our office in central Glasgow. Some evening and weekend working may be required at peak times as well as taking your turn to cover the 24/7 duty rota.
You have overall responsibility for:
· The seamless administration of tailormade UK and Ireland holiday bookings once a sale has been confirmed through to the customer's return.
· Ensuring accurate product loading, contracts administration and financial management, including the processing of deposit and balance payments from customers and the tracking of supplier costs and payments.
· Providing customers with detailed holiday documentation in a timely manner.
· Monitoring delays, cancellations, changes or disruptions to travel plans and subsequently make the necessary amendments to travel itineraries, whether in advance or on the spot.
· Ensuring all is in place to support and equip the 24/7 duty office for customers on holiday, ready to deal with anything arising.
· Acting on client, supplier and internal feedback to make adjustments, changes and improvements to future processes and ways of working.Skills / Knowledge/ Experience
- Several years' experience in both a hands-on operational role and managing a small team.
- A lead-from-the-front manager, motivated to train and coach the team, including seasonal recruits.
- A commitment to efficiency in processes and systems, managing workload across the team to hit deadlines time and again.
- Aptitude for getting the most out of technology, from Excel and Outlook to company and industry specific booking systems.
- A stickler for detail in both administration and accurate data management.
- Ability to see things from the perspective of customers and business suppliers.
- Proactive - inquisitive about new opportunities and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communicator (written and spoken) - fluent/ native English.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Sound knowledge of the geography of UK/ Ireland.
- Belief that a holiday in the UK/ Ireland can be every bit as good as one abroad.
Please enclose a brief CV and covering letter describing your favourite place in the UK or Ireland and outlining what attracts you to the role.
- Experience in the travel/ hospitality industry.
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities of a tour operator.
- Clean driving licence.