Aviation Security Officer
Birmingham Airport can serve over 140 destinations via 52 airlines and is the UK's third largest Airport outside the south-east and the UK's seventh largest overall. We have handled more than 12.5 million passengers a year and will continue to invest in significant new projects to prepare for future passenger and airline growth in the most challenging of times.
It is widely recognised that Birmingham Airport already benefits from some of the best transport provision at any UK airport, and with the planned High Speed 2 line to directly connect via a dedicated people mover to the Airport terminal, this accessibility is only set to improve. The coming years therefore represent a huge opportunity for Birmingham Airport to grow further.
An employer to some 6500 people on site, we are also a major contributor to the West Midlands' economy supporting economic growth and prosperity for the region and beyond.ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible to the Head of Security, reporting through the Security Operations Manager, Security Duty Managers and Lane Performance Supervisors, to perform aviation security duties at Birmingham Airport, in conformity with the National Aviation Security Programme and Security Local Operating Procedures. This role reflects the exceptional customer service skills required to ensure that passengers, staff and crew have a safe, secure and efficient passage within an efficient and friendly environment.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To control access into restricted areas of the Airport.
- To carry out security ID and boarding card checks and physical searches to a minimum of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) standards of all persons and articles carried, requiring access through the Security Checkpoints.
- To respond to emergency incidents following the agreed procedures.
- To carry out escort duties, including special events when required.
- To advise passengers, staff and crew on the correct presentation of persons and items carried, to ensure individuals are fully prepared for Security screening.
- To consistently demonstrate the positive behaviours required to support the Company's Brand Values.
- To undertake foot patrols of operational areas and designated routes.
- If operationally required, to provide support to passengers within the Immigration Hall to ensure that they are prepared for Border Control checks and assist with any queries.
- To maintain a log of all incidents and provide written and verbal reports to the Security Managers and Security Supervision.
- To be compliant with Aviation Security local operating procedures, working practices and protocols.
- To undertake Computer Based Training as stipulated by the company, in compliance with CAA standards.
- To undertake mandatory Security Training as stipulated by the company, in compliance with CAA standards.
- To meet compliance and throughput targets as stipulated by the DfT, CAA and the Security Management Team.
- To participate in a culture of continual improvement by fully participating in the success of the business and own self development.
- To utilise equipment only as trained in how to do so.
ABOUT YOUCUSTOMER FOCUS
- To achieve an acceptable level of competence which is continuously measured through relevant performance evaluation means.
- To maintain a proactive dialogue with internal and external customers, responding to feedback appropriately, to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To consistently treat passengers, staff and crew with courtesy and respect.
- To fully participate in the Company's Customer Service Programme as required.
- To provide support to colleagues through effective teamwork.
- To ensure that an efficient, effective and consistent level of service and availability is provided to colleagues.
- To consistently treat colleagues with courtesy and respect diversity.
- To ensure all Health & Safety responsibilities are discharged and to maintain compliance with best practice and legal requirements.
- To undertake and successfully complete all training modules in order to meet company Health and Safety standards and CAA standards.
- To be fully flexible in terms of availability to support the rostering requirements of the post to sustain the operational requirements of a 24hrs per day/7days per week Airport.
** PLEASE NOTE, APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COMPLETED 5 YEAR REFERENCE HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
- To carry out such other duties commensurate with the grading of the post which may be determined from time to time.
Birmingham Airport reserves the right to vary the duties and responsibilities of employees, and that the above duties may be changed as the future needs of the business require.
At Birmingham Airport our ambition is to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Birmingham Airport is an equal opportunities employer and warmly welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Agile working options are available for some roles.
We offer an unbeatable opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced operational environment with the opportunity of advancement within the section. If you are ready for the challenge, please visit our website visit our website career pages:
-https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/careers/latest-vacancies/airport-vacancies/ and complete an online application. .
If you wish to apply for any job with Birmingham Airport Ltd please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice which explains how we will use your personal data, it can be found on our website - https://birminghamairport.co.uk/data-protection/privacy-notices/birmingham-airport-human-resource-privacy-notice/ We reserve the right to close advert early depending on applications received Please note: If you do not hear from us withing 28 days of your application, please presume that you have not been selected for this role. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give you feedback.