Do you want to play a key role in advocating for small businesses and the vital role they have to play in the post-Coronavirus economic recovery? We have an exciting opportunity for a policy professional with a proven track record to join FSB Scotland's team to make a meaningful difference for small businesses.What you'll do
Who you are
- Support the Head of Policy in identifying, researching, developing and promoting policy positions on key issues.
- Develop and deliver in-house policy reports and Scottish Government and Scottish Parliamentary Committee consultation responses.
- Develop and deliver surveys and snap polls.
- Support the wider Scottish team to lobby and advocate for FSB policy to external stakeholders, including politicians, civil servants and government ministers.
- Produce briefings, articles and other content for both internal and external publication.
Working with us
- Demonstrable experience in one of the following: political party, civil service, local government, Scottish/UK Parliament, third sector, policy or public affairs research and monitoring post.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Scottish political environment - with a particular focus on the Scottish Government and Scottish Parliament.
- Excellent written, data and verbal communication skills.
- The team in Scotland is currently home-based, however the role will be based in the Glasgow office in the future - flexibility around some remote working may be considered.
- 35 hour work week, Monday to Friday.
- 33 days of paid leave per year (including bank holidays).
- Excellent benefits package including:
- Annual Flex Pot* to spend on benefits including additional pension, additional holidays, additional critical illness cover, additional life cover, cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Group Personal Pension (GPP)
- Health cash plan*
- Critical illness, income protection and life assurance insurance*
- Access to an employee assistance programme and mental health first aiders
*Applicable on completion of probationary period and subject to termsHow to apply
All applications to be received by 31 October 2021. Any applications received after this date will be held on file for a maximum of 3 months and reviewed if the first round of applicants are unsuccessful.Who we are
Established over 45 years ago to help small businesses and the self-employed achieve their ambitions, FSB is a not-for-profit organisation that's run by members, for members.
Members get an exclusive package of great value business services including advice, financial products and support. These cover a wide range of benefits such as tax, legal and HR, local network groups and business banking.
We're also the UK's leading business campaigner, focused on delivering change which supports smaller businesses to grow and succeed. With teams across the UK, we work with governments, elected members and decision-makers to make real change happen.Additional information
All applicants must be able to provide at interview stage their highest education certificates as listed on their CV and verification of their eligibility to work in the UK.
As an equal opportunities employer, FSB is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace, where all employees can bring their whole self to work. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply and join FSB. Candidates with a disability who require reasonable adjustments should contact the HR department.
Applicants are advised to apply early. We reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.