Deputy Head Teacher
School: Horizon - Croydon/Wimbledon
Permanent Full Time - 37.5 hours per week to start ASAP or January 2022
Salary: £54,750 - £60,073 DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced senior leader to join our existing team, based at Cressey College. You will play a pivotal role in leading sites of the school through their next phase of development. We are seeking someone with the vision and drive to develop the provision and improve outcomes for pupils.
Cressey College is part of the Horizon Care and Education group. The group have seven specialist, independent schools across the UK and support children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs from ages 7 to 19. Cressey College is spread out over several smaller units throughout Croydon, Wimbledon and the surrounding areas.
As part of our highly personalised and purposeful provision, pupils at Cressey participate in a wide range of academic, creative, sporting and vocational learning opportunities and activities, which supports them in developing a range of skills and maximising learning outcomes. Young people take part in a wide range of courses, from music to construction, as well as being given every opportunity to excel in their core subjects, such as Mathematics and English.
At Horizon Care and Education, our Senior Leaders are supported by Headteachers, Operational Directors and the Managing Director of Education Services. This structure of support allows Senior Leadership Teams to focus on and deliver the best outcomes for children, young people, and their families.
To be our Deputy Headteacher, you'll be a multi-talented professional, you'll have great leadership and communication skills; endless enthusiasm, resilience and vision, and a commitment to both the education and the achievement of each and every young person.
In return, we will provide you with the opportunity to make a true difference.
Requirements from you:
* Significant experience working as a senior leader in a mainstream or special school
* Significant experience of developing quality of education
* Significant experience of supporting the pastoral needs of students
* Significant experience of line managing teacher and support staff
* Robust understanding of SEND Code of practice
* Understanding of SEMH education and how support the additional needs associated with SEMH students.
Why work for us?
* Supportive management and senior leaders.
* Competitive salary, including opportunities to progress in your career.
* High quality CPD opportunities.
* Free eye checks.
* Cashback healthcare plan.
* Government pension scheme.
* Employee assistance scheme.
To start your education journey with Horizon, click apply now!
Horizon Care and Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming application from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document