Technical Manager - Own Brand Healthcare Product Development
12 month fixed term contract
Reporting to the Director of Product Delivery the role is accountable for the introduction of new products and ongoing product maintenance of Boots Own Brand Healthcare product portfolio. Products span a wide range of technologies and regulatory classifications and are delivered through internal teams and external partnerships. You will lead a technical team that is aligned to your portfolio and work cross functionally to identify, deliver, and maintain an amazing pipeline of products to meets consumer needs and business goals.
About the opportunity
• Create and deliver a of pipeline of new products for your categories to meet business growth targets
• Maintain a portfolio of c.200 products with a sales value of £80m to ensure products meet Boots quality standards and all legislative and regulatory requirements
• Use your product development expertise and market knowledge to identify new ideas and creative product solutions that meet different consumer & customer healthcare needs
• Build and maintain relationships with key product suppliers and service providers to create competitively advantaged products
• Leadership of a small technical team (2-6)
Passionate about products and people, you'll have a natural ability to build great relationships with colleagues and suppliers and be able to work with the pace and agility to deliver and maintain great consumer healthcare products. You will have an awareness of different regulatory classification, a quality mindset, and an ability to interpret a wide variety of technical data
• Preferably 3 years of product development experience, ideally in consumer healthcare
• The ideal candidate will have a scientific degree or equivalent
• Proven track record developing products from concept to market, ideally within FMCG or Retail environment
• Strong commercial acumen and ability to identify the right opportunities for our business
• Project or Portfolio management experience
• Proven ability to communicate and manage technical risks
• Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally - with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us... just bring your passion and commitment and we'll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org