Heartlands High School, part of the Search Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete checks in line with the requirements of Keeping Children Safe in Education with regard to DBS and other pre-employment checks.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.Facility & Letting AssistantSalary: Scale 4/5 -£22,995 to £26,520Location: HaringeyContract /term 36 hours per week, Monday to Sunday -52 weeks (rota basis)/ PermanentResponsible to: Director of OperationsPost Tenable: November 2021
About the role
We are looking to appoint a responsible and well organised individual with excellent communication skills to ensure the smooth running of the School's facilities and lettings during its extended hours. The successful applicant should have a good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and have good skills in practical maintenance.
The successful candidate will have:
- To be a key holder for the school, opening and closing the school before/ after lettings.
- To communicate with the letting/user, ensuring they are fully aware of the Health and Safety policy and Emergency procedures.
- To ensure all documents from the user have been collect and filed.
- To assist in the setting up of equipment, and ensure the areas used are tidy and ready for use for the next day.
- To undertake cleaning duties when necessary.
- To report any damage that has been caused by the user to the Facilities Manager.
- To ensure the school is secure and classrooms are kept locked at all times.
- To have knowledge in Health and Safety procedures
- To carry out a facility inspection of the school and report any defects.
- To direct visitors to the designated area of hire.
SEARCH Education Trust was formed in May 2013 and has a well established reputation for educational excellence and the aspiration for all young people to become the best they can be through the emphasis on 'Search for Success'.
The Trust has two schools - Heartlands High School is oversubscribed and a first-choice school for parents and students in the local community. Our intake is diverse and is a real reflection of the community that we serve. The Grove, a new school is now a very successful school, an all through academy, which caters for the needs of learners with autism and maintains strong links with mainstream provision in the Trust.
We have a commitment to developing schools with a strong ethos, outstanding achievement, high-quality teaching and learning, and by creating exciting partnerships.
We offer great training and development opportunities to all of our staff, plus excellent career advancement opportunities within this evolving Trust.
For further information, please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk.
If this role is of interest to you and you can contribute to our future success than we would like to hear from you.Applications should be completed on Tes by Wednesday 12th November at 10 a.m. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 17th November.
Please note that CV's or incomplete application forms will not be considered. Only those that are shortlisted will be contacted by the Trust.NB: Applications may be considered whilst the posts are being advertised. SEARCH Education Trust reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline. We advise early applications are submitted.