Working with a leading automotive manufacturer at their site in Bedfordshire, the Exterior Trim Design Engineer will join a busy team during a period of growth due to a number of vehicle projects
The role will allow for remote working, with expectation of being in the office up to 3 days/week. 12 month rolling contract with excellent prospects for further extensions.
* Development of exterior trim parts to meet the design spec and styling intention
* Working with styling, project management, purchasing, test and manufacturing departments to take exterior trim parts from design concept to manufacture
* Responsibility for development of exterior trim parts including, but not limited to, bumpers, side mouldings, spoilers, grilles air guides and emblems.
* Design release of parts on time and on budget
* Supplier test plan and quality management to achieve design standards
* Clear and concise reporting of concerns and part development/delivery issues.
* Automotive engineer with exterior trim development experience
* Experience of NX and TeamCenter ideally
* Ideally degree level qualified
* Valid UK/European driving license.
* Happy to travel, within UK and abroad if required.
Pay Rate: £24.48/hour PAYE plus £3.67/hr holiday pay; time and a half overtime after 39 hours at £36.72/hour.
Salary equivalent £49-50,000 p/a + 26 days holiday plus BH