A Top 20 accountancy practice is recruiting for a Business Solutions Assistant Manager to join the Business Solutions Group (BSG) at the firm's Reading office, and whilst the role will primarily be based in Reading, the role will be agile.
Reporting to the Partner and Senior Managers, you will support the BSG team and clients on conversion to cloud tools, leading the team with client system reviews and providing cloud support for clients. You will also be managing and assisting with client management accounts and day-to-day accounting solutions including responsibility for your own client portfolio.
As Business Solutions Assistant Manager your key responsibilities will include:
* Preparing / reviewing as appropriate management accounts for clients in a timely manner
* Assist in development of best practice and consistent process for set up of appropriate cloud based bookkeeping and advisory tools and promoting of cloud-based solutions to clients
* Support and educate the team on cloud-based solutions
* Active involvement in proposals to clients, meeting with clients and supporting the team on pitches
* Working with the team to ensure the day-to-day delivery of outsourced services to our clients runs smoothly and to time
* Review of assistants' work and giving appropriate, constructive and timely feedback
* Delegate appropriately, proactively coaching and managing assistants' development
* Work with other departments including compliance, tax, etc. to provide client information and appreciate statutory deadlines/reporting requirements
* Coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
* Dealing with client requests and queries to resolve any issues as they arise
* Assist managers and partners with client billing
This role will enable you to be a 'Cloud Champion', taking full part in the National Cloud Champions programme and be a pivotal part of the firm's growth and development, not only in embracing cloud-based accounting innovations, but also in assuring that clients continue to receive an exemplary service in all aspects of their accounting requirements.
Please do apply for this role if you can satisfy the following requirements:
* Be qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA, ideally with previous experience within an accountancy practice
* Extensive management accounting experience and knowledge
* Outstanding IT skills; experience of Xero, Excel and Sage
* Good understanding of a range of IT programmes and intuitive application
* Have good problem-solving skills and be solutions driven
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This successful practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and good benefits package, a supportive working environment with agile working options and the potential for career progression.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Business Solutions Assistant Manager role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful