You will be teamed up with a Senior Engineer who will teach you everything you need to know to work towards becoming an engineer.
You need to be unafraid of hard work and willing to learn new skills to enable you to undertake work on your own as soon as possible.
The role is based in Bolton - but can include national travel and some overnight stays.
The standard hours are 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime is paid for any hours over this at normal time - time and a half for Saturday work and double time for Sunday working.
8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
OTE £23K + Overtime
Over the past 30 years SCS has evolved into the one of the UK's leading installation and maintenance companies providing pioneering technologies, systems and services to private and public sector companies.
About the Trainee Engineer Role
As part of the engineering team, you will be teamed up with a senior engineer to begin with, and work on contracts nationally. Our customer base consists of Vodafone, Travelodge, EE, Ladbrokes and various other large companies including housing associations and other hotel chains.
Your daily duties and responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the Lead Engineer on installation work as issued by the Project Manager.
* Pro-actively learning quickly how to undertake installation and service calls on your own.
* Using your IT knowledge to learn how to take on work on your own.
* Being aware of health & safety risks in and around your work area for yourself and others.
* Completing documentation as required and requested by lead engineer.
What you'll need:
* Some IT knowledge.
* Willingness to learn and take on challenges on a daily basis.
* Good practical skills and be able to use basic hand tools.
* A full driving licence is essential.
* Health & Safety knowledge - full training provided.
* Working at heights is a necessity but full training will be given.
* OTE £23K with overtime.
* Holidays are 20 days plus bank holidays.
* Auto enrolment pension.
* Sick pay is paid for 5 days per annum after the 1st year of employment. SSP is paid before and after 5 days.
* Career progression.
How to apply for the Trainee Engineer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Junior Engineer, Engineering Apprentice, Telecoms, Maintenance, Service