Account Manager - Ethical Creative Agency Location:
London, with scope for hybrid workingSalary:
£30K to £35K per annum depending on experience, plus benefits including flexible working hours, working from home opportunities, pension, extra paid holiday for charity work About the Agency
Exciting opportunity for an ambitious Account Manager to join an award winning, purpose-led, independent creative agency. They are an integrated ethical creative agency, with their purpose driven and brave work spanning channels including social, digital, and ATL. They work with leading ethical brands and organisations in multiple sectors including FMCG, food, beauty, climate and charity. They have a friendly and supportive culture, with a vision to be the leading ethical advertising agency. Having won accolades including 'Agency of the Year' and 'Best Corporate Purpose', this leading purpose led creative agency is committed to creating a better future, through their internal initiatives and the ethical clients they work with. This flexible, agile agency is going from strength to strength, and they are now looking for a passionate Account Manager to join them on their journey. About the Account Manager role
The Account Manager will work across an exciting variety of social/digital and integrated briefs, across a mix of clients. Key Responsibilities for the Account Manager:
About You, the Account Manager
- Implementing multi-platform strategies for ethical brands.
- Developing and growing client relationships.
- Build client development plans and timelines.
- Evaluate campaign performance and deliver recommendations.
- Communicate with external partners and suppliers.
You'll be an enthusiastic client services professional, looking to join a forward thinking, purpose led creative agency. Skills and experience needed for the Account Manager:
For more information about the Account Manager role or to apply send your CV now to Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 826 1215. Reuben Sinclair was voted UK's Best Agency Recruiter (MARA 2018).
- Integrated experience and understanding of strategic process within an agency.
- Knowledge of social media (community management, paid social and influencer).
- Experience creating and managing timelines, budgets and status reports.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Goal of working in an organisation that priorities people and planet alongside profit.
Reuben Sinclair is committed to a positive policy of promoting equality of opportunity and eliminating any unfair or unlawful discrimination. We exist to provide equal opportunities to every prospective candidate, interviewee and Reuben Sinclair employee, irrespective of their gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, beliefs, family status, social class and race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.