We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Ringway Jacobs Team in Central Bedfordshire. The successful candidate will be tasked with managing and delivering the Structural Maintenance portfolio of projects as part of Central Bedfordshire's Annual Plan. This will involve working closely with the Client, our internal teams, stakeholders and our key Supply Chain Partners. Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious local authority with a large growth agenda tied to its Vision and Values - to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work'.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• A sound knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
• An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.
• Ability to inspire and motivate team members to deliver a quality product, to time and budget.
• Ability to engage and conduct effective negotiations with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of all schemes activities through design, target costing, ECI, build and handover.
• A good understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
• A detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Manage and support teams of Agents, engineers and technicians responsible for delivery of schemes within a portfolio of works.
• Management of Development Control Technical Audits.
• Deputise for the Schemes Manager when required.
• To promote safe working practices in accordance with Ringway Jacobs Health & Safety Policy and to lead by example demonstrating commitment for zero incidents.
• Manage the performance and development of a team in line with company and local business objectives.
• To develop, implement & monitor processes and procedures that achieve client and business key performance indicators.
• Programme manage the schemes through the design and construction processes and ensure compliance with the agreed programmes, budgets and delivery requirements.