Do you have a genuine passion for developing your clinical skills in a multi-disciplinary environment that is ever-changing? Would you say you have a flexible approach to working and enjoy encouraging new ideas and opinions to improve the service efficiency? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers vulnerable individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated qualified Nurse Team Leader - Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) with a passion for working within Substance Misuse to join our services in Brook Drive - a busy 26 bed residential drug and alcohol detoxification unit; contributing to the overall management of Brook Drive and delivery of an effective, high quality recovery-focused service.
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox, SIG Investments and Pathways to Independence.
About the role:
Under the guidance of the Lead Psychiatrists and Clinical Lead, the Nurse Team Leader (NMP) will take the lead in prescribing detoxication medication and support the management of detoxifications and other harm reduction and well-being intervention to our service users, while providing quality evidence-based health care to meet their immediate needs. The Nurse Team Leader (NMP) will take an active role in ensuring robust governance and providing effective supervision to our multi-disciplinary team of Recovery Workers, Mental Health Nurses and Senior Nurses, supporting their learning and development.
To be successful in this role, you will already be a Registered Nurse with qualifications in Non Medical Prescribing with the confidence to manage the prescribing of detoxification medications. You will have a proven track record of providing supervision, teaching and mentoring and have an understanding of concerns when prescribing within a substance misuse environment.
In addition, you are driven to deliver high standards of nursing care and interventions and demonstrate leadership qualities, along with a flexible and can-do approach to work, invested in providing great levels of patient care and supporting patients through their recovery journey.
* Participate in the provision of prescribing detoxification medication and the delivery of care and treatment which is evidence based and in line with current government guidelines
* Lead, promote and support a prescribing service as an integral part of the care delivered by the team
* Provide effective support and supervision to the staff team to ensure that the performance standards and policies and procedures are fully implemented
* Form and maintain effective local links with partner agencies (e.g. GP's, Care Managers), service users, carers and the local community
* Share prescribing information, evidence and rationale for prescribing decisions
* Lead in the promotion, development and implementation of prescribing, care and treatment within the team
* Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice and legal requirements in relation to the provision of recovery focused residential detoxification services.
* Experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN/RGN) with a current valid NMC registration
* NMP qualification
* Experience of providing a detoxification service to people with substance misuse problems within a recovery focused service
* Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
* Up to date certification in anaphylaxis, inoculations, First Aid & CPR
* Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate openly, consistently and clearly
* Knowledge of relevant NICE and DoH guidance and protocols
* Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework
* Willing to be innovative and embrace learning through continued professional development and the practical application of new skills in the workplace
* Evidence of continuous professional development.
Benefits and commitment to you:
* Promoting anti discriminatory practices in line with our values: ambition, empowerment, transparency and inclusivity
* Providing a safe working environment
* Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
* Supporting you with continuous professional development including study support
* 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years of service and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
* Access to employee assistance programme including Medi-cash Plus
* Free uniform
* Subsided meals when on duty
* Discount gym membership
* Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
* Dental treatment via NHS or Private
* Physiotherapy, Massage and a range of other therapies
* Life Assurance
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you!
If you are interested in this role please visit our careers page in order to complete our online application form.
Please note: In line with Government guidance, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have either been fully vaccinated for COVID-19; intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11th November 2021, or, are medically exempt from the requirement to be vaccinated, to be eligible to work in this service. You will be required to provide us evidence upon successful receipt of an offer.
We'll be interviewing as and when suitable candidates apply, therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide employment references covering the last 5 years period including one from your most recent employer