Teacher of Resistant Materials Graphics, The Stockwood Park Academy; Join our dynamic and successful team. We are seeking a knowledgeable and dedicated teacher who will support us in raising standards of teaching and learning across the Department and Academy. You will exercise your autonomy and flexibility in creating and establishing new strategies and ideas.Teacher of DT Resistant Materials & Graphics
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of DT Resistant Materials & Graphics to join our dynamic and successful team. We are seeking a knowledgeable and dedicated teacher who will support us in raising standards of teaching and learning across the Department and Academy. You will exercise your autonomy and flexibility in creating and establishing new strategies and ideas. You will also play an active role in supporting curriculum development to further our successes.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
At The Stockwood Park Academy, we offer a school that will genuinely invest, support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner and enable you to keep climbing the career ladder. If you are ambitious about excelling in your career and taking on additional responsibilities, we will give you the opportunities that you crave.
It is incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of staff that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy! Experienced teachers and NQTs welcome.Key Duties
The successful candidate will have
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
- Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
- To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
- To assess pupils' work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
- Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering Design Technology Resistant Materials & Graphics
- Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
- Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
- Use data to inform target setting and planning.
MPS/UPS £25,714-£41,604 (dependent on actual experience)Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
- You'll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply online today via our career site on https://www.thesharedlearningtrust.org.uk/current-vacancies5/845.htmlWe look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact HR Recruitment, Jay Powell by email via the button below or on 01582 211226.
If you decide to apply you should include a letter with your application form on no more than two sides of A4, giving your reasons for applying for the post, addressing information you have read in the pack with particular reference to the person specification, and outline any relevant experience and personal qualities you would bring to the Trust. Please do not send a generic letter; we really are looking for someone who is prepared to respond to us as an individual Trust. You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.Safeguarding 'We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view'.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: "Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children's health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes."
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.