Vulnerability ManagerThe Opportunity
Yolk has partnered with one of the biggest employers in Wales which provides essential public services to recruit a Vulnerability Manager on a contract basis for 3-6 months. The role will form a critical component of our client's Security Operations capability. The dual role will be responsible for: identifying, monitoring, analysing, and supporting remediation of vulnerabilities across our environment.
The role's initial priority will be the development of existing vulnerability management programme. You will be responsible for defining an effective process for the reporting and successful mitigation of vulnerabilities impacting IT and OT. This is expected to be a highly proactive, interactive and hands on role; requiring an individual with a balance of technical and stakeholder management skills. The Vulnerability Manager will act on initiative to seek out vulnerabilities, keep track of current events and changes in the technology landscape, and respond appropriately to address risk. What you'll be doing
As a Vulnerability Manager you will be;
What you'll bring to the team
- In line with key stakeholder and business requirements, define and document a vulnerability management strategy for the business.
- Define and create the necessary reporting and dashboarding to enable stakeholders across the business to understand the threat and risk profile associated with vulnerabilities.
- Ensure all IT and OT assets undergo regular vulnerability scans and continuously update scans to ensure full coverage.
- Work with IT and OT asset owners to configure and run vulnerability and compliance scans in a controlled, planned manner.
- Partner with Technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop and agree effective mitigation plans for vulnerabilities.
- Establish and lead efforts of cross functional technical resources to respond to highest risk/most complex vulnerabilities, contribute technical specialist knowledge
- Understand and stay current regarding the critical threats faced by the Business by continually analysing all-source cyber threat intelligence sources.
- Monitor vulnerability intelligence sources proactively to ensure any potential Business exposure is spotted swiftly and the appropriate actions taken.
- Undertaking on demand vulnerability exposure assessments of key staff / systems across the organisation.
- Deliver cyber threat intelligence briefings to senior stakeholders across the Business.
The successful Vulnerability Manager will bring the following;
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Experience using Tenable, Qualys or another enterprise vulnerability scanning technologies.
- Experience working and collaborating with IT and Networks teams.
- Demonstrable experience in a Threat Intelligence / Vulnerability Management / SOC / Red Team related role.
- Strong experience of vulnerability validation/mitigation
- Excellent knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK, OWASP Top 10, CVSS (Common Vulnerability Scoring System), and CVE
- One or more Professional certifications from bodies such as GIAC, CREST, CompTIA or similar
Competitive day rateThink this one's for you
If you think this contract Vulnerability Manager opportunity is for you then apply online or contact Nici Jones at Yolk Recruitment.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.