Reporting to the Senior Supporter Development Manager, the Supporter Development Manager is primarily responsible for retaining and developing our existing supporters. The role is essential to the charity's aim of providing excellent experiences for our supporters that deepen engagement and maximise the support we receive to fund our life-changing work.
This role is directly responsible for implementing the supporter development strategy and plan to promote a variety of product areas including gaming (raffle and lottery), regular giving and cash donations. The post holder will deliver 'warm' supporter development campaigns and activities to maximise net income and provide supporters with a meaningful supporter journey.Interviews: 11/12 November 2021 Package
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan ( giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments )
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* ( on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* ( eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months )
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract. Main Responsibilities
The successful applicant will join a successful team responsible for optimising established campaigns as well as looking to innovate and develop the retention programme.
You will be an experienced fundraiser, with a track record of meeting ambitious fundraising targets and employing a range of retention techniques.
You will quickly build excellent relationships within Diabetes UK and with supporters and have a strong commitment to outstanding supporter care.
You'll help us continue to adapt and optimise our fundraising through the challenging environment created by covid-19. We are looking for a professional and knowledgeable fundraiser to support the delivery of our strategy. This is an exciting time to join us in delivering on our commitment to create a world where diabetes can do no harm. Ideal Candidate
As the Supporter Development you'll be able to demonstrate a solid track record of direct marketing and delivering successful campaign activity, as well as having excellent communication and project management skills alongside a good understanding of data and segmentation.
You are organised and have experience of leading on multiple projects, with a clear focus on optimising and improving delivery at every opportunity.
You'll have experience of managing various workstreams and will be able to produce high quality work to meet deadlines and targets, ensuring we are always delivering high performing activity.
We are committed to providing an excellent supporter experience and you will bring a breadth of knowledge and ideas to help us connect with diverse audiences and continue to retain and develop our supporters.
The successful applicant will also need to be an advocate for Development and Individual Giving by working with the Senior Supporter Development Manager to promote our activities to key stakeholders and the wider charity and identifying opportunities.