My client a top legal firm are currently recruiting for a permanent Billing Assistant to join their busy finance team.
• Setting Group billing deadline in conjunction with the Finance team.
• Communicating billing deadlines to Group C and ensuring that regular reminder of those
deadlines are sent
• Ensuring that deadlines are adhered to across the Group and escalating any issues to the Finance Partner
• Liaising with the Finance team on a monthly basis to obtain a list of Partner financial targets and then circulating those targets to the Partners
• Collating a list of Partner billing promises and liaising with any Partners that have not
raised sufficient draft bills to achieve their promises to find out why; feeding that
information back to the Finance Partner(s) and Finance team for further follow up where
• Monitoring any outstanding timesheets - sending chasers around the department to ensure that timesheets are closed on the system
• Assisting the Finance Partner(s) as needed with any departmental timesheet issues
• Administering and dispatching bills for a team of circa.13 partners
• Liaising with the Finance team to ensure the correct monthly reports on financial and billing
performance are created
• Keeping an open line of communication with the Partners and finance to help ensure realistic
monthly financial targets are set and that are achieved.
• Administering Group's billing spreadsheets to ensure that the billing process can be
accurately tracked and a status report generated at any stage of the process. Making these spreadsheets available to the Finance team including Credit Control.
• Responsibility for the "Billing Team" folder in Outlook and "Billing Team" inbox/sent box.
• Maintaining a schedule of unsent bills (eBills, VAT invoices, splits) and chasing the relevant
person to ensure that these are sent in a timely manner
• Maintaining and developing the Group's processes to ensure the billing process is as efficient
• Full ownership of approval of all finalised bills including checking bills for accuracy
• Ensuring that all bills returned for finalising have the accompanying cover email or letter and
all relevant attachments
• Calculating the remaining reserves and costs and finalising accordingly the settlement
reports and erosion trackers.
• Liaising with the eBilling team to ensure that eBills are uploaded
• Close liaison with Credit Control, providing assistance where necessary to enable Credit
Control to keep track of when net bills have been paid, where VAT invoices need to be sent, eBilling updates, discussions around any splits or market breakdowns
• Attending Finance meetings
• Regularly meeting with Finance Partner to provide updates
• Building strong rapport and effective working relationships with Finance Partner and members of the Finance team
• Acting as a role model and encouraging positive attitudes towards the billing process the billing process and systems. Providing training as needed to existing and new members of the team
• Providing feedback on billing performance for review meetings
Essential Skills & Experience
• Proven experience working within a legal finance department within the UK and have excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPowerpoint and 3E.
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise conflicting demands,providing a high level of accuracy.
• Be self-motivated with strong organisational
• Confident communicator